Tanzania Wildlife Maasai Culture Kilimanjaro Sightseeing 8 days
Tanzania Wildlife Maasai Culture Kilimanjaro Sightseeing 8 days safari takes you to the best Northern Tanzania's most spectacular attractions at a relatively relaxed pace. These are Ngorongoro Crater, which supports a year round resident population of a variety of wildlife. It is an attraction in its own right and is one of the wonders of the natural world. You visit Serengeti, probably the most famous wildlife sanctuary in the world. Serengeti is a big game haven that also hosts over 3 million large mammals! You will also visit Lake Manyara National Park and Maasai Village to engage and experience Maasai culture and night in the boma, an ornithologist's paradise that is also famous for the elusive tree-climbing lions. You start with 1 night in Manyara, 2 nights in Serengeti (can be central, North or western corridor, 1 nights Ngorongoro, and finish with 2 nights at Maasai Village. You will also spend 1 night at the foot of Mt. Kilimanjaro. You will see small and large mammals including birds and reptiles, accommodation is set to be at moderate and budget lodges as per below trip plan.
You will enjoy and experience nature, wildlife, habit and habitat of the fauna and flora in the natural areas, also peoples and culture. Availability 100% Sure Book today
Minimum Rate Per Adult: USD
Departing From: Arusha
Duration: 8 Days / 7 Nights
Departure Time: 0830 Hrs (possible to leave earlier than)
Minimum Persons Required: 2 Although a group from 8 is highly recommended
Best Time: All the year round
Detailed Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Arusha - Lake Manyara National Park
- In the morning at 0830hrs pick up from your hotel in Arusha and drive on tarmac road 130km Lake Manyara National Park for lunch, at 1330hrs go for afternoon game drives. The park is home to tree climbing Lion, Hippo, Elephant, Zebra, Buffalo, Giraffe, Baboon, Blue and Vervet monkey, Warthog and more... About 350 species of birds have been recorded. You will have dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara Twiga Lodge, FB
Day 2: Manyara - Serengeti National Park
- In the morning at 0700hrs, pick up from your hotel by the driver, Drive to Serengeti with picnic lunches across Ngorongoro Conservation Area, drive on while spotting game enroute, picnic lunch will be served on the way, you will arrive at the lodge at around 1800hrs, unpack the luggage at Lobo Wildlife Lodge.
Serengeti is Africa's largest national park provides abundant of wildlife made it considered as one of the world heritage site for its nature. The park is famous for its ecosystem that involves the great world event of annual migration of over 1.5 million wildebeests and zebras include large number of carnivores. It is also home to Cheetah, lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant, Wildebeest, Hartebeest, Topi, Eland, crocs Thomson and Grant Gazelle and many moreâ€¦. Birds: Kori bustard ostrich, secretary birds and many more including the migrant birds from Eurasia, dinner and overnight at Lobo Wildlife Lodge.
Day 3: Full day in Serengeti National Park (Migration day)
You dedicate this day to Serengeti and take a morning and an afternoon game drive. Picnic lunches will be collected from the lodge by your driver guide, we believe that, in this time of the year the herds of the migrants are heading or YET around Lobo area. You will have dinner and overnight at Lobo Wildlife Lodge, FB
Day 4: Serengeti - Ngorongoro Crater rim
- In the morning after breakfast, continue with morning game drive in Serengeti towards Central and Southern plains. Your picnic lunch will be served at Naabi gate, the gate to Ngorongoro Crater Rim where lodges and camps are lined up., Arrive at Ngorongoro Crater highland, for dinner and overnight at Rhino Lodge. FB
Day 5: Ngorongoro Crater Tour - A night in the Maasai Boma adj. Tarangire Park
- Wake up early morning for breakfast, then at 0600hrs descend into the Crater floor for game drives. All the BIG FIVE Rhino Lion, Leopard, Buffalo and Elephant live in this wonderful caldera, others are Zebra, Hippo, Wildebeest, Hyena and many others... Birds includes flamingos on the Soda lake, Geese, Storks, Vultures and more... Your packed lunch will be served at the picnic site in the Crater at Ngoitoktok swamp, a Hippo pool. After lunch proceed with afternoon game viewing in the Crater. At 1500 hrs ascend the Crater to and Proceed to Maasai Land to engage and experience the real culture of Maasai.
This starts out with Arrival to an authentic Maasai village, located adjacent Tarangire National park late in the evening at the time when cattle are coming into the village from grazing.The Sound of the cows, the cattle bells, the whistling of the cattle headers ( the warriors) and birds singing in the distant make a music that would create unforgettable experience of its own kind.Who knows what the village special events are for a day, Special dance, for the evening, amazing! Well that is common as this is how warriors and their girls winds up a day. Milking of the cows in the evening is done by women and this is a daily incident in the village. Women going out to fetch water from the river with their donkeys.Among other things we will see the slaughtering of the cows or goat depending on that days plan for dinner.Dinner and overnight at Maasai Boma.
Day 6: Full Day maasai Boma night experience, born fire
Tonight you will be having dinner outside in an circular enclosure, typical of the place where the cows are kept overnight.There will be a big born fire and dance would take place around the fire. Special chef would cook your dishes starting with starter, soup main course and desert in the end.It would not be unusual to hear a lion roar, or a hyena laughing as the village shares the same habitat with the wild animals. We have warrior staying up as night guards incase on of your walk out of the fenced area to join the Hyenas laughing.
The Morning in the Maasai village is full of life as the Sun - rises, the cows are getting milked by the women and cows would then be let out for grazing on distant lands, while donkeys are being released to be let out to fetch water. Birds are singing and your professional guide would be there to identify your different bird calls.By the way you if you wish can join in the cow milking or follow the cattle out grazing or join other women or young girls out fetching water or collecting firewood.The nature walk starts right after breakfast. Be prepared as it can turn really wild, you talk of giraffes parading, zebra running and elephants stumping.Expect un expected.Your team of warriors guides from the village would be there to keep a close eye on you. During this walk which would take good three hours or more you would be learning so much, Among other things you would be doing spear throwing, identify animals foot prints, sporting animals and birds, identifying plants and their medicinal values etc. Our hike winds up by the tree where man was born( the giant baobab or by the Acacia Umbrella ) and we are getting there just in time when our lunch is all set up.Dinner and overnight at Maasai Boma.
Day 7: Masai Village - Moshi - Foot of Mt.Kilimanjaro (Marangu Village) Ecotourism
Breakfast at 0800hrs, and there after, drive to a clean Town of Moshi for a short town tour, easy lunch at coffee shope or Delli chase Restaurant. At 1400hrs continue to Marangu Village, the foothill of Mount Kilimanjaro and the gateway trekking up and down of mountain thru the Marangu cocacola route. There are many chances and possibilities of seeing the Ice Cape of Mount Kilimanjaro, You will have dinner and overnight at Nakara Lodge, FB
Day 8: Full day in Marangu Village foot of Mount Kilimanjaro
Visit the Kilema Roman Catholic mission (the first church to be built in the region), you can also see the first coffee trees planted in Tanzania by Irish missionaries 114 years ago in 1898, and later on by Germany Settlers. Kilimanjaro region is one of the leading coffee producers in Tanzania. your Marangu enthusiasts will be delighted to visit the home and memorial of the late Yohano Lauwo, a Marangu native who accompanied Dr. Hans Meyer on the first recorded climb of Kilimanjaro in 1889. He lived for an astonishing 124 years and guided treks up the mountain at the age of 70 years, At 1400hrs after lunch, transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for your NEXT travels, End of Service by Safaris
- Flying Doctors Emergencies during your trip with us
- Pick up Arusha and drop off Arushua or JRO
- Full board accommodation while on Safari
- Service of an English speaking driver guide
- Transport based on an excellent 4x4 Vehicle with open roof for comfortable game viewing
- Driver's Salary and allowances and park fees for vehicle and driver
- Activities as per the Itinerary
- Complementary bottle of water daily and embroidery safari hat
- Government taxes
- Extras at the lodges i.e. drinks, telephone etc,
- International and local flights
- Tips to the driver/guide (highly recommended),
- Visa and Travel Insurance to Tanzania